General - Turkey
Unique, Modern & Historical
Turkey coasts have been one of the most popular tourism and mega yacht destinations in the world because of Turkey have plenty to offer its visitors;
• Unique landscapes and natural environments
• Modern and authentic blends of culture
• Historical and archaeological places
• Wide range of accommodation and travelling destinations
Due to Turkey’s diverse geography, one can experience four different seasons in any one day. The summers are long lasting as long as eight months in some parts.
The country washed on three sides by three different seas. Turkey has not only wonderful beaches, bays, straits and islands, but also great mountains, valleys, lakes, canyons and waterfall. It is the best lively place for summer tourism and sports of all kind; trekking, rafting, paragliding, balloon travelling, bird watching, hunting, mountain climbing, golfing, valley tourism, cave touring, scuba diving, boating. You can have a great natural, luxurious and relaxing time during your holiday.
• The area of Turkey is 783,562 km2 of which 756,816 km2 are in Asia and 23,764 km2 in Europe; land: 770,760 km2, water: 9,820 km2.
• Anatolia, also known as Asia Minor, is a large, roughly rectangular peninsula situated bridge like between Europe and Asia. The European portion of Turkey, known as Thrace, encompasses 3% of the total area but is home to more than 10% of the total population.
• Istanbul, the largest city of Europe and Turkey, has a population of 11,372,613.
• The geographical conditions and diverse nature of Turkey cause significant differences on climate from one region to the other. While the coastal regions enjoy milder climates, the inland Anatolia plateau experiences hot summers and cold winters with limited rainfall.
• The currency is called the Turkish Lira(TL).
• Payments can be made by credit cards, as well as with euro-checks in some larger companies. Cash can be withdrawn from ATMs.
• Because of its position, the Croatian coast can be easily reached by boat or aircraft. Major international airports are: Istanbul(IST and SAW), Izmir(ADB), Mugla(DLM), Milas-Bodrum(BJV).
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
+90 Country code
112 General emergency number (Medical)
Please get in touch with your local C2C Agent in order to provide the useful and emergency numbers sheet, especially for your location.
Weight and Measures: The metric system is used.
TimeZone: GMT + 2
BACKGROUND & CULTURE
The culture of Turkey is the combination of Byzantine, Ottoman, European, Middle Eastern and Central Asian traditions. However, Turkish culture has undergone deep changes over the last century. Today, Turkey may be the only country that contains unique blends of East and West.
Super yacht owners and foreign visitor will easily feel at home here and have a great quality, luxury and unlimited service whenever they want by paying reasonable prices.